You can block unwanted calls from known phone numbers with the incoming calls blocklist of your sipgate basic account. Any phone number listed in your personal blocklist will be blocked from further calls to your sipgate number.
There is one important limitation affecting the functioning of the blocklist. Due to current technical dependencies the blocklist requires one of these two features to be in active use: Voicemail (free) or Call Forwarding (can result in call charges to your account).
The list can be found through the Blocklist entry in your account's main menu:
Blocklisting phone numbers through the Blocklist interface
To add a phone number to your blocklist, please select Add Number to Blocklist and confirm the phone number:
Blocklisting phone numbers through the Call History
You can also add a phone number directly from your call history. This option is only available for incoming calls.
To add a phone number from your call history to your blocklist, please find the call you wish to blocklist from your incoming history.
Every incoming entry provides a Blocklist number button to block further calls from this number:
Are there prerequisites to using the Blocklist feature?
Unfortunately, yes. Due to technical limitations the Blocklist feature...
- will not work if the features Voicemail and Call Forwarding are disabled.
To add one or both features to your account, please book it through our Feature Store and enable it in your account settings:
Are there phone numbers that can not be blocklisted?
- Numbers you dialled (outbound calls) but didn't receive a call from can not be added to your blocklist via the shortcut in your call history. Please use the manual option for these numbers.
- Anonymous calls can not be blocklisted.
- You may receive calls from invalid phone numbers if the offending party uses Direct-IP calls. These calls do not cross the sipgate network and can not be blocked with the sipgate blocklist. These calls will not be listed in your sipgate call history, only in your phone's call logs.
Which calls will be displayed in my call history?
- Any calls from numbers not on your blocklist will be displayed.
- Calls from blocklisted numbers will not be displayed and there is no separate overview of these blocklisted calls.
Do blocked calls show up on my telephone directly?
- No. Calls from blocklisted numbers are rejected within the sipgate network and won't show up on your telephone.
Can I remove a blocklisted number from the list?
- Yes. Please select the Blocklist option from the main menu and remove any numbers that should no longer be blocked. The option is found through the "three-dot menu" on the right side of each list entry: