You can block unwanted calls from known phone numbers with the incoming calls blacklist of your sipgate basic account. Any phone number listed in your personal blacklist will be blocked from further calls to your sipgate number.
There is one important limitation affecting the functioning of the blacklist. Due to current technical dependencies the blacklist requires one of these two features to be in active use: Voicemail (free) or Call Forwarding (can result in call charges to your account).
The list is found through the Blacklist entry in your account's main menu:
Blacklisting phone numbers through the Blacklist interface
To add a phone number to your blacklist, please select Add Number to Blacklist and confirm the phone number:
Blacklisting phone numbers through the Call History
You can also add a phone number directly from your call history. This option is only available for incoming calls.
To add a phone number from your call history to your blacklist, please find the call you wish to blacklist from your incoming history.
Every call entry provides a context menu to its right side, symbolised with three dots. Please select the menu dots and select Blacklist number to block further calls from this number:
Are there prerequisites to using the Blacklist feature?
Unfortunately, yes. Due to technical limitations the Blacklist feature...
- will not work if the features Voicemail and Call Forwarding are disabled.
To add one or both features to your account, please book it through our Feature Store and enable it in your account settings:
Are there phone numbers that can not be blacklisted?
- Numbers you dialled (outbound calls) but didn't receive a call from can not be added to your blacklist via the shortcut in your call history. Please use the manual option for these numbers.
- Anonymous calls can not be blacklisted.
- You may receive calls from invalid phone numbers if the offending party uses Direct-IP calls. These calls do not cross the sipgate network and can not be blocked with the sipgate blacklist. These calls will not be listed in your sipgate call history, only in your phone's call logs.
Which calls will be displayed in my call history?
- Any calls from numbers not on your blacklist will be displayed.
- Calls from blacklisted numbers will not be displayed and there is no separate overview of these blacklisted calls.
Do blocked calls show up on my telephone directly?
- No. Calls from blacklisted numbers are rejected within the sipgate network and won't show up on your telephone.
Can I remove a blacklisted number from the list?
- Yes. Please select the Blacklist option from the main menu and remove any numbers that should no longer be blocked. The option is found through the "three-dot menu" on the right side of each list entry: