In general you should be able to call any UK or international landline or mobile number from your sipgate basic account. Please also check your account's call barring settings for blocked destination types.
Some numbers however are not be reachable from the sipgate network due to operational, legal or billing-related reasons.
It is not possible to call the following UK phone numbers or number ranges from your sipgate basic account:
- 101 "non-emergency" service number for police enquiries is not reachable
- 116 - Helpline numbers are not reachable from sipgate
- 118 - Directory Enquiry numbers. Some 118 numbers can cost several pounds per minute to call and are not reachable from sipgate.
- 119 - This NHS hotline is not reachable via sipgate.
- 070- UK "Personal Numbers". These numbers are not reachable from sipgate due to the high cost to call them and their abuse potential due to easy confusion with 07- UK mobile numbers.
- 09- UK "Premium Rate" service numbers. 09- numbers can cost up to £3.60 per minute to call. 09- UK numbers are not reachable from your sipgate account.
We have collected further advice regarding unreachable phone numbers:
- For calls to 084- and 087- service numbers we charge standard per-minute rates*. Some 084- and 087- numbers cost more than sipgate charges to call them. These high-cost service numbers are not reachable from sipgate.
- Calls to non-UK premium rate numbers are not possible.
- We cannot guarantee that international non-geographic phone numbers will be reachable. This is because intermediary carriers on the international call leg or local carriers abroad may choose not to or be unable to route the call, often for billing reasons.
- Some phone numbers may be unreachable due to issues on the destination network's side. Problems outside of sipgate's control may at times arise with calls placed to countries with less developed local telecommunications infrastructure.
- Non-UK "freephone" numbers that are reachable from sipgate will be charged at our standard per-minute landline call rate to the appropriate country.
Unable to reach an 084- or 087- number?
It's likely the number you're calling costs more to ring than we charge for calls to that destination*. In this case, the number will not be reachable from sipgate.
By regulation most companies must provide customers with an 01-, 02- or 03- contact number that they can call at their phone company's standard landline basic rate.
Please check if the company you're calling has provided an 03- number that can be called at landline rates.
Often you'll find a regional office with a regular UK landline number you can call, or a contact number "for international callers".
sipgate's current (10/2019) per minute charges to call 084- and 087- numbers from a sipgate basic account are:
0843- 25.00 p/min**
0844- 5.00 p/min**
0845- 3.00 p/min**
0870- 7.51 p/min**
0871- 10.00 p/min**
0872- 25.00 p/min**
** All prices include UK VAT