Check that your Fritz!Box is running the most recent firmware version available:
You'll need your SIPID and SIP Password (not your web login password) to set up your Fritz!Box.
Open Telephony -> Telephone Numbers and click on the New Telephone Number button.
In the drop down Provider list choose Other Provider.
Please enter the following settings:
Internet Telephone Number: Your SIP-ID
User name: Your SIP-ID
Password: Your SIP Password
Insert area code for outgoing calls: With this option enabled the entered area code is automatically added when numbers that do not begin with "0" are called.
If the option Relay outgoing emergency calls without prefixes is displayed please tick the box to enable it.
Some Internet service providers use a second Internet connection for Internet telephony. This connection can only use the Internet service provider's numbers. If the option "Always register via an Internet connection" is displayed enable this so that calls over sipgate will use the same connection that you surf with.
Click Next and confirm your changes.
Your Fritz!Box will now try to connect with sipgate:
In your Fritz!Box's Telephony Devices menu you can choose which phone handsets and/or voicemails will be used with your sipgate account.
Testing your Confguration:
To test your phone's configuration, please dial the following sipgate numbers:
For further tests and information please click here.
If you've problems registering online:
- Open Telephony -> Telephone Numbers and click the button (Edit) next to your sipgate account.
- If the registration failure reason is "Internet telephony registration failed [number] Reason for error: [401, 402, 403]" check that your SIP ID, SIP Password and the server address sipgate.co.uk are entered correctly.
- If the field STUN server is shown under your account information enter the STUN Server address: stun.sipgate.net
- If your Fritzbox is connecting over another router you may need to set up port forwarding: https://en.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7390/knowledge-base/publication/show/177/
If you've problems making outbound calls:
- Under Telephony open Telephone Numbers -> Line Settings.
- Select Other country from the drop-down list.
- Enter the Country Code 00 44 and leave the Area Code blank.
If you run into issues registering your phone online, with placing calls or with audio quality please see the following Links for troubleshooting advice: