A phone number change can be requested at any time with our support team. Please contact us from your account's registered email address in all critical account-related matters.
Our support team will ask to confirm the deactivation of your current phone number and remove the number from the account. The account will become temporarily unreachable in the process.
Once the number has been removed you'll be asked to select a new phone number with your next account login, just like when the account was first created. Please select a number from an area code of your choice.
Important information regarding your phone number change:
- Please ensure that you're currently within the UK and not abroad when requesting a number change.
- Please ensure that you have login access to the account to be able to select your new phone number.
- Your previously used number will be replaced and deactivated. It will no longer be available for porting to a different service provider and cannot be retrieved.
- If you're requesting the number change while moving house, please also update your account's emergency address as well as its billing address.
There is a known issue affecting some accounts without a phone number. If our customer support confirms the removal of your phone number and the number selection menu does not appear after login, please try the following steps:
- Please use the Feature Store link on the left side of your account overview.
- From the Feature Store, please go back to the account by using the My sipgate basic link in the upper-right corner of the screen. The number selection menu should appear.