The following Codecs are supported for use with sipgate basic:
|Codec||Codec Bitrate [kbit/s]||Ethernet Bitrate [kbit/s]|
- If you experience issues with your VoIP phone's operation please check that only codecs supported by sipgate are enabled in your settings.
- Audio quality will depend on a number of factors that together will determine the quality of your VoIP calls.
- Available up and downstream bandwidth alone is not an indicator of an internet connection's suitability for use with VoIP. Other considerations e.g. latency, jitter and local network setup must be taken into account.
- The location of Codec settings for several popular phones and manufacturers are described here.
- If you are experiencing issues with lost audio or with speech quality please see the following Help articles: