Writing to support can sometimes be a difficult task. Often there are problems in communications, delays and so forth. To minimise the difficulties, please read this support guide to resolve your problem more swiftly.
How to write to support:
The first step is to identify yourself. We use your SIP ID as your account number, so please include this and your name in any emails.
Please make sure you contact us from the Email address you registered with your sipgate basic residential account.
Support for the sipgate basic residential service is provided via email and in English. Where possible we'll try to use online translators to read queries written in other languages, but all responses will be written in English.
Now, defining the problem.
We're often contacted with only a few words in the subject line, but with no further information. Our first reply will be to ask for more information delaying the resolution of your query.
Confirm that you've already looked in the Help Centre for the answers. Describe what you've tried and what your results were.
Are you a new customer setting up for the first time? Or has the problem just started after weeks of working flawlessly?
- Our Customer Care and Technical Support uses a ticketing system:
If you need to provide additional information please update your existing ticket by reply-mail, instead of creating a new one.
This will ensure our staff have all relevant information in one place, allowing both you and us to keep track of your query. Opening multiple tickets won't lead to a quicker response, but instead will delay our replies to your queries.
What information to send us?
- If you're having issues with calls, please send us recent call sample information e.g. the calling and called number, time, date, affected Users, error messages, etc.
- If you are having issues with setting up a VoIP phone or device, let us know how many VoIP phones are in use, the make(s) and model(s).
- What error messages do you receive?
- Are you using WiFi, DSL, 3G? Who's your ISP?
- What make and model router(s) do you use?
- A little extra information will often save you time.
The more information we have the better we can help you in benefit from our reliable VoIP service.
Our support Team is here to help. If you have any queries relating to our sipgate basic service please let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org