Please follow the steps below to set up Ekiga with your sipgate account.
To configure Ekiga you'll need your SIPID and SIP Password.
- In Ekiga's menu bar click on Edit, followed by Accounts and choose Add a SIP Account.
- Enter the following details into the Edit Account window:
- After clicking OK Ekiga should register online and show a Registered Status in the Accounts window.
- Next, click Edit --> Preferences.
Click on SIP Settings and set the DTMF Mode to RFC2833:
Testing your Phone's setup:
To test your phone's configuration, please dial the following sipgate numbers:
For further tests and information please click here.
If you've problems registering online or making calls test with and without STUN enabled:
- In Ekiga's Preferences menu open Network Settings.
- In the STUN Server field enter stun.sipgate.net
- Set the NAT Traversal Method to STUN or None to turn STUN on or off.
Further troubleshooting advice is available in the following Help Articles: