By default the sipgate basic voicemail feature offers a standard greeting. If you wish to replace this with a personal greeting, there are two options available:
- Uploading an MP3 file through your sipgate basic account
- Recording a greeting with a registered VoIP phone
If the voicemail settings described below are not available in your sipgate basic account, please ensure that the free voicemail feature has already been booked and enabled.
Recording a greeting with a registered VoIP phone
This method requires a VoIP phone connected to your account. Please see our configuration guides for instructions on how to register a telephony device.
Once registered, please dial 50000 from the telephone to access the voicemail system of your account.
In the voicemail menu, please
- press 2 to manage your voicemail
- press 2 again to record your new voicemail greeting
- after recording your greeting press the # key
- your recording will be played back to you
- to keep the recording press 1 or to record a new greeting press 2
You can return to the main menu at any time by pressing the * key.
The newly recorded message should now be set up to greet your callers.
Please be aware that the quality of a phone-based recording will be limited. For better results, please upload an MP3 file directly.